Our refreshed and accelerated approach to diversity and inclusion is aligned to our purpose to enable growth, create jobs, and improve lives. To do this, we recognise the need to have a workforce that is representative of the communities we work with and drive a deeper commitment to diversity and inclusion and eliminateing any inequity. Our pledge and the actions are revisited to ensure we are making progress, our pledge is:
- We will continue to share the proportion of our workforce that identify as Black, Asian or minority ethnic yearly, so we can be held accountable to our progress as part of our annual diversity report.
- We will sign up for the Race at Work Charter.
- We will implement anti-racism awareness workshops for all colleagues.
- We will broaden the channels we advertise our VE3 vacancies to ensure Black, Asian and minority ethnic networks and communities are included and where appropriate will target specific channels for example business networks for the demographic we are targeting to raise the profile of our commitment to attracting a diverse workforce.
- We have added a statement on all adverts outlining that we are committed to attracting more applications from the Black, Asian and minority ethnic communities.
- We will create inclusive networks to help shape our EDI strategy.
- We will review our policies to make it clear we have zero tolerance with any form of discrimination including our whistleblowing policy to encourage individuals to report direct and non-direct discrimination so this can be acted upon accordingly.
- We will engage with colleagues so that they feel comfortable to share experiences, insight and have open discussions.
- We will create a mentoring programme for those colleagues who identify as Black, Asian or minority ethnic, including the use of external mentors to provide this support.
- We will implement a ‘reverse mentoring’ approach, whereby willing individuals from different backgrounds offer one-to-one sessions with senior colleagues to enable them to have a deeper insight on themes such as language and culture and offer more insight into the barriers affecting progression.